Summer Camp Staff
Next Staff Meeting:
The LDS High Adventure Staff should check in at the Thornton Administration Building
by 7:00PM, Sunday, June 4, 2017. There will be a Staff Meeting at 8:00PM
.Have your Health form, Social Security number, and a Photo ID with you.
The Summer Camp Staff should check in at the Thornton Administration Building
by 12:00 noon, Saturday, June 10, 2017.
Again, have your Health form, Social Security number, and a Photo ID with you.
We have filled all of the 2017 Staff positions. Please contact the Camp Director for other opportunities.
If you will be at least 16 years old by June 1, 2017 and are looking for a fun filled summer, contact the Blue Grass Council;Blue Grass Council, BSA2134 Nicholasville Road Suite 3
Lexington, KY 40503Phone: 859-231-7811 Fax: 859-252-3785
If you have a PDF reader, you can view/print the 2017 Staff application HERE.
From the National BSA Website: Why Apply for a Camp Staff Job?
Here are a few of the countless reasons that are frequently expressed:
- To make lots of new friends in your area, other states, and even other countries
- To spend a summer in the great outdoors where nature prevails
- To acquire experiential education (learning by doing) and new skills that will last a lifetime
- To be part of an effective team and to cooperate with others to get things done
- To learn how to lead others and to apply leadership skills
- To undertake and fulfill meaningful challenges and to earn the satisfaction of doing a job well
- To work with youth and adults of all ages
- To serve others (the most noble and fulfilling pursuit of all)
- To give something back for the opportunities you have received
- To live in a wholesome environment based on the Scout Oath and Law
- To have meaningful spiritual experiences
- To have the advice, counsel, and support of senior staff who are dedicated to helping you succeed
- To be paid and receive food and lodging in return for something challenging and fun
- To be considered for jobs of greater responsibility and to receive letters of recommendation for other pursuits