Next Staff Meeting:The first 2018 Summer Camp Staff interviews will be December 2. 2018, at Camp McKee. Please bring a completed application (see above) with you. Open interviews will begin at noon.
We are now accepting applications for all of the 2018 Staff positions. Please contact the Camp Director at the addresses below.
If you will be at least 16 years old by June 1, 2018 and are looking for a fun filled summer, contact the Blue Grass Council;Blue Grass Council, BSA2134 Nicholasville Road Suite 3
Lexington, KY 40503Phone: 859-231-7811 Fax: 859-252-3785
If you have a PDF reader, you can view/print the 2018 Staff application HERE.
From the National BSA Website: Why Apply for a Camp Staff Job?
Here are a few of the countless reasons that are frequently expressed:
- To make lots of new friends in your area, other states, and even other countries
- To spend a summer in the great outdoors where nature prevails
- To acquire experiential education (learning by doing) and new skills that will last a lifetime
- To be part of an effective team and to cooperate with others to get things done
- To learn how to lead others and to apply leadership skills
- To undertake and fulfill meaningful challenges and to earn the satisfaction of doing a job well
- To work with youth and adults of all ages
- To serve others (the most noble and fulfilling pursuit of all)
- To give something back for the opportunities you have received
- To live in a wholesome environment based on the Scout Oath and Law
- To have meaningful spiritual experiences
- To have the advice, counsel, and support of senior staff who are dedicated to helping you succeed
- To be paid and receive food and lodging in return for something challenging and fun
- To be considered for jobs of greater responsibility and to receive letters of recommendation for other pursuits